16 May Benefits of Using Threaded Pressure Fittings
Are you aware of the wide range of threaded pressure fittings there are available? These threaded pressure fittings can help you in many different ways.
- Reduce the number of fittings used. e.g. by using threaded tees and threaded ball valves
- Connect directly to equipment with a male or female thread
- Use side outlet elbows to install pressure gauges or in a garden sprinkler system
- Keep all your system in PVC with hosetails, screwed plugs etc where you may have used PE in the past.
- Avoid using hemp on threads as it expands when wet and can cause splitting
- To ensure a good seal always wind the thread tape on in the same direction of thread and finish at where you will start screwing together
- Best practice is to use male PVC threads into female metal threads rather than the reverse to prevent pipe splitting.
We have a wide range of these threaded pressure fittings available. Click here to read more.
Use the table below to determine if we can help you with the right fitting for your job.
|Type of Pressure Fitting|
|Side outlet elbow||Faucet Socket||Faucet Tee||Faucet Elbow||Socket Union Threaded||Valve socket||Faucet Spigot||Valve spigot||Threaded end cap||Screwed plug||Hose tail||Ball Valve|